Huggles & Kissels

Huggles & Kissels
Adding Humor to the Flare's of IC: Welcome to My IC Home

I'm VERY short, and I feel like a child..................... and just want IC Pain to go away!

I hope to share my story insights with other's who have this disease.... the good and the bad... and to be accepted for doing so, and to accept graciously if you choose to share! I hope anyone visiting will COMMENT... and leave your story & insights: Sharing makes us feel so not alone! Huggles and Kissels to all who will
hover here!
**To learn what IC is... read along the right hand side bar...
just below the tummy picture... the green print...
For most of you, OMaGosh YOU already know what it is! LOL X a Million!!!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Insurance Grrrrr...

INSURANCE!
I have ALTIUS through the school district ... I can pay anywhere between $450 - $600 a month out of pocket. Co pays for specialists are $35.00 each and all ic docs are "specialists." I have PT two times a week so that's a little more than $280.00 a month. I have cranial sacral treatments each week not covered by insurance a little more than $140.00 a month. Surgeries (hydro) every 2-3 months with doc and anethesiologysts about $212.00 my cost each time. My medication copays run between $15 and $45 a month.
A new med i just started, URELLE realllllly helps but is not covered by my insurance and the cost for it is $220.00 per month. I am almost at the end of my first month and HOPE i canfight hard enough to get my insurance to cover more of the cost. I use to go into the URO for instills 1-2 times a week at $35.00 a visit, but now I purchase my own supplies.... I don't even know all the costs for that... Cathetors and such.

I SPEND LOADS of mine out of pocket for my IC.I agree with everyone that insurance, and all medical companies are in the business yo make money... Not help people. I work to pay for what my insurance won't pay, taking many days a month off without pay because I've used up my sick and vacation leave. I work many days very sick. I wish I could change my life but I don't know where to begin!!!I'm just hoping my IC goes into remission soon and stays that way for the rest of my life!!!

No comments: