No... this is NOT me! I look better than this, well usually!!!I had the hydrodistention procedure done on Friday. Dr. Stout took pictures of the inner layer of my bladder, which confirmed the diagnosis of Interstitial Cystitis. Yes... it is a painful procedure... I was NOT awake, thank you very much Dr. Stout! The procedure was done at the South Towne Surgical Center in Murray.
Saturday I felt pretty good. Today I feel like a truck ran over me, turning me into road kill... where I was scooped up and scraped off into a hot & dirty black trash can.
Saturday I felt pretty good. Today I feel like a truck ran over me, turning me into road kill... where I was scooped up and scraped off into a hot & dirty black trash can.
On a good note... I have noticed the burning pain has IMPROVED in my leg and groin area. I am optomistic that in the days ahead I will be feeling much, much better. I am looking forward to seeing my kindergarten students alltogether tomorrow for the first real day of kindergarten. Andelyn is going to be there to help me, and that is a BIG relief.
I am aware this procedure will need to be done many times over my IC journey... but cannot be done to extreme as the bladder cannot tolerate it, and may become damaged beyond repair.
Thanks for letting me share.

No comments:
Post a Comment