
HERE IS A COPY OF THE EMAIL I SENT TO MY FAMILY...
Hello Family,
I have been working on this email for a couple of days. I hope this communication helps everyone understand me better. I apologize for it being so long. I have read it over and over again, shortening it up where ever I can. LOL
First, I want to thank you all for your love. I feel your love everyday. I feel lucky to have the family I have. I can't even imagine what my life would be like if I had some of the problems other people face every day... I have the best! I am so grateful for you.
As you know I have not been feeling so good. I have not been myself, and I am trying to find some physical pain relief ....The facts are I have IC (Interstitial Cystitis) and PDF (Pelvic Floor Dysfunction). I probably have had these for several years, I've noticed small symptoms along the course of time, but over the past year and a half my pain has become more than I can handle on my own. It took almost a year and a half of tests, painful days and nights, feeling like I am going crazy, and many doctor's visits before I got my diagnosis. I have felt angels with me along the way.
I realize most people don't understand what I am dealing with, how they can support me. At first I was in denial, "I will be different that most people with IC & PDF." Hahah! I'm not different. I have an auto immune disease. I have to learn about it, ways to cope.
Here is a site that has several videos that might help you understand. Please, PLEASE take some time to watch them, I need family support through the days and months ahead. If you start with the Dr. visit one, it will tell you alot about my symptoms. I have most of the symptoms she is talking about... dang it! I just watched these video's a couple of days ago ... and I was in tears realizing my symptoms are real. I thought I was going CRAZY. I'm not crazy.... yeah... I'm not crazy. LOL
http://www.ic-network.com/videos/
You will need to scroll down to select and view the videos. This lady (my friend), Jill, is IC's support group leader. She is an angel in my life. I have been frequenting this online support group over the past couple of months. Jill has answered several of my questions personally via email, and has been there at those times I was on the edge of sanity. These videos have recently been uploaded this week to the support site. Yahoo!!! I feel so blessed. I am also in contact with several people via FaceBook who are good listeners and support. I am so very happy to have this kind of support, not only for myself but for those I love to help them understand. What a blessing technology is to us in so many good ways!
It is very hard to explain how I am feeling, especially because I look perfectly healthy on the outside. People think just because I look okay, I am okay. I'm not okay. When people ask how I am doing, I just say ok...or fine. I don't complain out loud how much pain I am in. There is pain almost all the time. And then there are the FLARE UPs... I just go hide under a blanket, or in the bathroom when those occur... I generally keep it to myself. It doesn't help to complain about it. All I know is that I hurt, I feel sick, and I just have to wait it out most of the time. I get so very excited when I have those few good moments --- that's when I do as much FUN stuff as I can, cause those "good" moments don't come that often and they don't seem to last that long. I just try to keep moving along through the day the best I can.
It is going to take some time for me to get feeling better ... it won't happen in a few weeks, but probably (hopefully) months from now, I will learn what I need to do to minimize the pain and flareups... they will never go away. There are a lot of changes in life I am having to make... I have to find these changes through trial and error, as challenges for people with IC & PDF are not all the same. The errors bring with it lots of PAIN that lasts for days for me. I have a lot of sleepless nights, and very long days. I try to be so quiet at night so others can get the sleep they need. I'm finding ways to get out of bed without making a sound!
I have my 6 weeks check up with my URO tomorrow. The Elmiron meds aren't working for me yet... research shows it could be 6-12 months.....we'll see what the doc says.
The best support I can get right now is everyone giving me time to sort this out, time to take care of me. The hardest thing I do is try to explain to people what is going on ... I can't sit and visit. Riding in a car is very PAINFUL. Sitting is painful. Walking and standing is painful. I am happy that our Chino Family moved closer to home, the plane rides were almost more than I could take. I was sitting by the exit door on the last flight and I had to keep telling myself opening the door would be more painful than holding myself together. I did a lot of image therapy, and when we landed I was the first person out of my seat! There are many things in life that are hard for me right now. I am sad to say, holding my little grandbabies for too long can get very painful (okay! That made me cry!.) I love, love LOVE holding my grandbabies. I love my family so much, and closeness is important to me, I just have to figure it all out so I can have that closeness.
Please know that I am working on things the best I can, I am optimistic I will begin to minimize these FLARE UPS over time. It's not easy, I am finding out ... and people with IC and PFD have to work on it every single minute of every day, for the rest of their life. Right now, for me it is like having a 2nd job with all the research, food and pain monitoring.... I should have been keeping a pain and food diary but I don't feel good enough to keep up on that...yuck! I will need to start this diary to get some answers. This is not something I wished for. I hate that I have pain pill bottles in the largest bottle available to mankind! I am on medicationssssssssss...and I hate that! I don't use the word hate often, so you know it is something very emotional for me. I take a half a pain pill when I can't stand the pain any longer. I will NOT get addicted to these drugs. I will find a way out of this. I will.
Thanks for your love and support. I know everyone is busy with life, the time you give in watching the videos is very important to me.
Thank you for taking time to read this email. Your love and support is appreciated more than you will ever know..
Much love,
Jackie

No comments:
Post a Comment